The Government Affairs Council was established in 2005 and provides a platform for local member businesses to hear about local, state and federal issues, as well as for members to express their views on those issues.
The Government Affairs Council is a standing committee of the Greater Boerne Chamber of Commerce and exists to serve the membership of the Greater Boerne Chamber of Commerce, The Greater Kendall County Business Community and community at-large through advocacy, education and connection efforts in State and National government.
Goals of the GAC:
In collaboration with and subject to guidance from the Greater Boerne Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, The GAC will:
ADVOCATE. Act as a pro-business voice for the economic growth and development of our region's business community.
EDUCATE. Create environments that empower the business community and our state and national leads to make informed decisions on governmental issues.
CONNECT. Provide members and elected officials opportunities to network and build relationships.
The Government Affairs Council identifies areas in which the Chamber's involvement in local, state and federal issues could have a positive impact on Boerne. The Council is also a resource for the business community to receive information on local, state, and federal government initiatives.
"The GAC provides a monthly venue for local government officials, while engaging in transparent and ongoing conversations that address critical community issues. I learn more each month on that Council than I do anywhere else." - Shawn Bonner, Hungry Horse Restaurant
Scheduled Monthly Meetings
11:45 a.m. on the 1st Thursday of every month in the Boerne Chamber of Commerce conference room.
2019 Government Affairs Council Chairman: Allison Smoot, All County Home Care & Hospice
Staff Members Responsible for Council: Lynn Richter, Administrative Assistant.
2019 Government Affairs Council Members:
The 2019 GAC is in the process of reorganization.
Contact the Government Affairs Council by clicking here.
To help keep you better informed, we are providing you with local, state and federal website links for you to visit and review. Just click on the website link you wish to visit.
- Alamo Area Council of Governments (AACOG)
- City of Boerne Government
- City of Boerne Council Meetings and Agendas website
- City of Boerne Planning and Community Development website
- City of Boerne Single Member District Map
- Kendall County Commissioners Court
- Kendall County Voting Precincts Map
- Boerne Independent School District
- Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District
- State of Texas Government
- Texas Chamber of Commerce Executives
- Texas Association of Business
- VoteForBusiness, the Votexas.org
- US Chamber of Commerce and
- Friends of the US Chamber
- Texas Voter Registration Applications (online or downloaded).
- Kendall County Elections website.
Contact Lynn Richter at the Chamber, (830) 249-8000 if you have any questions.