The Boerne Chamber of Commerce Committees are committed to strengthen and support businesses in the community by promoting strong strategic relationships, leadership development and education.
The Boerne Chamber of Commerce has six committees, each with its own strategies and initiatives.
- The Builders and Realtors Connection group meets to work toward improving the housing finance system, analyze economic and consumer trends. The Chamber seeks to educate, train and disseminate information to housing industry business professionals through the greater Boerne region.
- The Healthcare Connection Committees' purpose is to foster business and professional development relationships through regular meetings for the purpose of improving patience care while supporting community partners in healthcare. Members educate the group about their unique skills, products and services and actively refer patients to each other. A member must work in a direct patient care setting.
- The Non-Profit Committee's supports the unique interests of our non-profit member community to develop a strong, vital community that enhances and supports the quality of life and growth of the region.. A member must be an executive director or hold a leadership role with their non-profit organization.
- The Scholarship Committee manages the logistics of the scholarship application and its processes, the review and selection of the annual recipients, and the presentation and promotion of the scholarship monies.The Chamber currently offers a total of 3 scholarships. The John P. Ebner Scholarship, Aubrey E. "Sandy" Sanderson and Laurie Bushong Lang Scholarships are funded through the Annual Awards Gala and Annual Golf Tournament. Click here to apply for the 2021 Boerne Chamber Scholarships.
- The Senior Services Networking Committee is responsible for the development and review of the Chamber’s involvement in strengthening aging services for senior citizens by increasing visibility and effectiveness of its senior programs. The members meet to provide education, training, guidance and advocacy to the senior community.
- The Veteran Business Outreach Committee focuses on building ties between the business community and local military organizations. Our mission is to promote the Boerne and Hill Country region by engaging the greater Boerne community and its businesses to demonstrably celebrate, support, maintain, and grow the military presence in Kendall County and surrounding areas..
Committees and Staff Member Responsible for Council
Member and Staff Responsible for the six Committees are as follows:
- Builder and Realtors Connection - Robin Morris and Co-Chair Brent Holmes Realtor of Phyllis Browning Co. with Kim Blohm of the Boerne Chamber.
- Healthcare Connections - Dr. Leigh Ann Greenberg, RPh of Annie's Apothecary and Co-Chair Colin Stuart of Cibolo Family Medicine with Kim Blohm of the Boerne Chamber.
- Leads Group - Tuesdays: Aaron Collins of Collins Real Estate; Wednesdays: Lisa Stanley of Caldwell Banker, D'Ann Harper Realtor; Thursdays: Terri J. Wright of Terry J Wright Coaching with Melissa Barringer of the Boerne Chamber.
- Nonprofit Committee - Olivia Burdick of Kronkosky Place and Co-Chair Hattie Allen of Kendall County Women's Shelter with Holly Rodriguez of the Boerne Chamber.
- Scholarship Committee - Susie Allen, Friend of the Chamber and Co-Chair Jo Lynn Fisher of Ebensberger-Fisher Funeral Home with Holly Rodriguez of the Boerne Chamber.
- Senior Services Networking - Emily Perry of Kronkosky Place and Co-Chair Shedell Giddens of Alamo Hospice with Kim Blohm of the Boerne Chamber.
- Veteran and Business Outreach Committee - Scott Galliardt of Patriot CPR,VFW Post 688 and Co-Chair Shedell Giddens of Alamo Hospice with Kim Blohm of the Boerne Chamber.