The Chamber's Business Advisory Council is committed to strengthen and support businesses in the community by promoting strong strategic relationships, leadership development and education.
"Serving on the Business Advisory Council’s Scholarship Committee has been a rewarding and satisfying experience. Having the opportunity to meet some of our community’s youth and hear their amazing stories of accomplishment is truly uplifting. A near future investment in the success of our youth develops into a long term investment in our community. The Scholarship Program is one of the Chamber initiatives that continues to have a positive impact for many years to come." - Kathy Estes, President of Frost Bank
The Business Advisory Council is comprised of six committees, each with its own strategies and initiatives.
- The Builders and Realtors Connection group meets to work toward improving the housing finance system, analyze economic and consumer trends. The Chamber seeks to educate, train and disseminate information to housing industry business professionals through the greater Boerne region.
- The Healthcare Connection Committees' purpose is to foster business and professional development relationships through regular meetings for the purpose of improving patience care while supporting community partners in healthcare. Members educate the group about their unique skills, products and services and actively refer patients to each other. A member must work in a direct patient care setting.
- The Non-Profit Committee's supports the unique interests of our non-profit member community to develop a strong, vital community that enhances and supports the quality of life and growth of the region.. A member must be an executive director or hold a leadership role with their non-profit organization.
- The Scholarship Committee manages the logistics of the scholarship application and its processes, the review and selection of the annual recipients, and the presentation and promotion of the scholarship monies.The Chamber currently offers a total of 3 scholarships. The John P. Ebner Scholarship, Aubrey E. "Sandy" Sanderson and Laurie Bushong Lang Scholarships are funded through the Annual Awards Gala and Annual Golf Tournament.
- The Senior Services Networking Committee is responsible for the development and review of the Chamber’s involvement in strengthening aging services for senior citizens by increasing visibility and effectiveness of its senior programs. The members meet to provide education, training, guidance and advocacy to the senior community.
- The Veteran Business Outreach Committee focuses on building ties between the business community and local military organizations. Our mission is to promote the Boerne and Hill Country region by engaging the greater Boerne community and its businesses to demonstrably celebrate, support, maintain, and grow the military presence in Kendall County and surrounding areas..
Committees and Staff Member Responsible for Council
Member and Staff Responsible for the six 2020 Business Advisory Committees are as follows:
- Builder and Realtors Connection - Brent Holmes, Realtor with Phyllis Browning Co. and Kim Blohm of the Boerne Chamber.
- Healthcare Connections - Dr. Leigh Ann Greenberg, RPh of Annie's Apothecary and Kim Blohm of the Boerne Chamber.
- Nonprofit Committee - Olivia Burdick of Kronkosky Place and Hattie Allen of Kendall County Women's Shelter and Holly Rodriguez of the Boerne Chamber.
- Scholarship Committee - Jo Lynn Fisher of Ebensberger-Fisher Funeral Home with Holly Rodriguez of the Boerne Chamber.
- Senior Services Networking - Olivia Burdick of Kronkosky Place and Shedell Giddens of Alamo Hospice with Kim Blohm of the Boerne Chamber.
- Veteran and Business Outreach Committee - Scott Galliardt of Patriot CPR and VFW Post 688 with Kim Blohm of the Boerne Chamber.