The Chamber's Business Advisory Council is committed to strengthen and support businesses in the community by promoting strong strategic relationships, leadership development and education.
"Serving on the Business Advisory Council’s Scholarship Committee has been a rewarding and satisfying experience. Having the opportunity to meet some of our community’s youth and hear their amazing stories of accomplishment is truly uplifting. A near future investment in the success of our youth develops into a long term investment in our community. The Scholarship Program is one of the Chamber initiatives that continues to have a positive impact for many years to come." - Kathy Estes, President of Frost Bank
The Business Advisory Council is comprised of five committees, each with its own strategies and initiatives.
- The Chamber's Business Education Committee partners with BISD on projects that include career and college preparations and awareness. It also promotes the Chamber's on-site business counseling services, offered through UTSA Small Business Development Center.
- The Chamber's Non-Profit Committee supports the unique interests of our non-profit member community through the development and implementation of a recent study of the economic impact of nonprofits on the City of Boerne and Kendall County. Click here to view the Kendall County Non-Profit Economic Impact Study.
- The Chamber's Scholarship Committee manages the logistics of the scholarship application and its processes, the review and selection of the annual recipients, and the presentation and promotion of the scholarship monies.The Chamber currently offers a total of 3 scholarships. The John P. Ebner Scholarship, Aubrey E. "Sandy" Sanderson and Laurie Bushong Lang Scholarships are funded through the Annual Awards Gala and Annual Golf Tournament.
- The Chamber's Veteran and Military Committee
Scheduled Monthly Meetings
Meeting of the five committees listed above are held regularly or "as needed". The members of the Chamber's Business Advisory Council meets in the Boerne Chamber of Commerce conference room.
Committees and Staff Member Responsible for Council
Staff Member Responsible for Business Advisory Council: Kimberley Blohm, President/CEO of the Boerne Chamber of Commerce
2019 Committee Chairs:
- Business Education Committee -
- Nonprofit Committee - Olivia Burdick of Kronkosky Place and Hattie Allen of Kendall County Women's Shelter
- Scholarship Committee - Kathy Estes
- Senior Services - Olivia Burdick of Kronkosky Place
- Veteran and Military Committee - John Thomas, VFW Post 688