Electrolab Opens in Boerne
10/20/2015 12:54:10 PM by The Chamber
A privately-owned corporation founded in 1976, Electrolab has grown over the past 40 years into a leading innovator in the engineering and manufacturing of industrial electronics, sensors and controllers for the oil and gas, water management, and industrial control industries.
• 40 year history (2016) of providing Innovative, Quality, Reliable solutions to
industry. Due to a relentless focus on quality and safety, Electrolab's 10 year
Warranty rate averages .28%.
• Built a 32,000 sq ft state of the art engineering and manufacturing corporate
headquarters, moved in May 2015 (16,000 sq ft manufacturing, 16,000 sq ft office
space and working labs).
• Over a $5 million dollar investment in the building.
• Previously located in San Antonio near the airport.
• Sales and Marketing office in the Woodlands, Texas.
• Current business segments:
• Energy Sector: Since 2013, Electrolab has built a robust distribution channel,
with many of the top distributors in the country. This channel represents
approximately 400 U.S.locations.
• Work directly or indirectly with many of the top energy companies in
the world, including Devon Energy, Anadarko Petroleum, Conoco Phillips,
BHP Billiton, Apache Corporation and many others.
• Electrolab provides electronic controls for many top original equipment manufacturers (OEM's)in various sectors around the world. These include
OEM's in the water purification, food & beverage and power safety
industries. Included in this is being a long-term supplier of advanced
rain gauge technology for the Edwards Aquifer Authority.
• High Tech Applications- Electrolab designs and builds all electronics in-house
o One of the few companies that can manufacture its own Printed Circuit Boards (PCB), flexible circuit boards and all electronic components. In recent
years, Electrolab has invested over $500K to provide this capability in-house.
o On October 27, 2015, Electrolab will announce the creation of a subsidiary,
Electrolab Treatments, which will provide state-of-the-art technologies to solve
commercial challenges caused by organic and inorganic buildup on key
components. These offerings include nanotechnology-based solutions and other
newly developed solutions, created by Electrolab and many of the top universities
around the world.
• Employ 36 skilled associates- engineers, professional positions, skilled and certified
• Average tenure of our associates is over 11 years of service.
• Average salaries exceed market value.
• Economic impact on Boerne and Kendall County is estimated to be over $20 million
over the next 10 years.
• Community involvement-At the Electrolab Grand Opening on October 27th, 2015, the
company will continue its focus on community involvement by making generous
donations to the Boerne lSD CTE Department for its Stem program, Roy Maas
Alternative (Meadowlands) and the Wounded Warrier Project.
• Website: Electrotabcontrols.com (After November lsr, El_ectrolabTreatments.com will